Last minute holiday deals in October including Spain, Greece, Turkey and Portugal – and we’ve also found some bargains for the October half term dates
Image: Getty Images)
Brits looking for cheap holidays in October won’t be disappointed, as there are currently still heaps of bargains from £138pp including hotspots such as Spain, Greece, Portugal and Turkey (the latter was recently taken off the red list).
There are plenty of hot and sunny destinations in October too, so you can enjoy some of the last summer sunshine before winter kicks in.
Plus from October 4 the UK travel rules are changing, including the amber list being scrapped. Instead there will be two lists; the red list and rest of the world list.
This will include changes such as vaccinated Brits no longer needing to take PCR tests when back in the UK, although they will still need to take a lateral flow test.
The good news is that there are plenty of bargains as travel firms look to entice holidaymakers.
We’ve searched out where you can currently find deals for October – including the half term dates. Happy holiday planning!
Spain – including the Canaries and Balearics
- On the Beach has Canaries holidays from £160pp – book here.
- easyJet Holidays has Balearics holidays from £186pp – book here.
- Mirror Holidays has Majorca holidays from £304pp for half term dates – book here.
- TUI has Spain holidays from £406pp for half term – book here.
Spain’s current entry rules mean that anyone aged 12 or over will need to either show proof that they are fully vaccinated, or have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival.
- LoveHolidays has all-inclusive Turkey holidays in October from £178pp – book here.
- TUI has Turkey holidays from £338pp – book here.
- TravelSupermarket found half term deals from £520pp – book here.
- Mirror Holidays has all-inclusive deals for half term from £525pp – book here.
Under Turkey’s current rules, Brits will need to complete an online form within 72 hours of travel, and also show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival.
- Olympic Holidays has packages from £243pp – book here.
- First Choice has all-inclusive holidays from £338pp including the islands – book here.
- TUI has self-catering holidays from £401pp – book here.
- Jet2holidays has deals from £695pp for the half term dates – book here.
UK holidaymakers can visit Greece provided they can show one of the following; proof of a full Covid vaccination, a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours or an antigen test taken within 48 hours. Proof of recovery from Covid will also be accepted. These rules apply to anyone aged 12 or over.
If you’re fully vaccinated or have recovered from Covid between 11-180 days, you won’t need a Covid test. If you’re not fully vaccinated, you’ll need to take a PCR test within 72 hours before travel, or an antigen test within 48 hours. Children up to the age of 11 are exempt.
- On the Beach has Cyprus deals from £188pp – book here.
- TravelSupermarket found deals from £253pp in October – book here.
- TUI has packages from £345pp for half term dates – book here.
If you’re heading to Cyprus, you’ll need to show proof of vaccination. If you’re not fully vaccinated, you’ll need to have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure, and undergo a second test in Cyprus, the result of which is usually available within three hours.
- Mirror Holidays has packages from £138pp – book here.
- British Airways has short breaks from £199pp – book here.
- Jet2holidays has half term deals from £608pp – book here.
Malta is currently only open to fully vaccinated Brits, which applies to anyone aged 12 or over. Children aged 5-11 can visit if they are accompanied by vaccinated parents, and will need a PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival. Children under 5 are exempt.
Prices correct at time of writing but are subject to change and availability. Always check the latest Foreign Office advice before planning, booking or going on a trip.
Sign up to the Mirror’s travel newsletter for more deals and updates sent direct to your inbox every week.