Where is hot in March for holidays including popular destinations like the Caribbean, the Canary Islands, Bali and Dubai – and where to find cheap holidays for March 2022
Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto)
March can be a brilliant time to go abroad with heaps of winter sun holidays on offer including the likes of the Caribbean, Dubai and Cape Verde.
Meanwhile, sticking to a budget can be a little easier as the month doesn’t include school holidays or bank holidays, so prices tend to be lower than peak seasons such as summer.
To give you a helping hand, we’ve put together a guide to some of the best hot and sunny destinations in March, as well as some of the firms which offer up tempting deals.
Check out the guide below – and happy holiday hunting!
1. The Caribbean
March is one of the best months to visit the Caribbean; the weather is hot and sunny but with a light breeze, with average daily temperatures around 28C.
Basically, ideal conditions whether you want to make the most of those ridiculously beautiful Caribbean beaches or explore the islands’ rich cultures, charming towns and historic landmarks.
To help you narrow it down, we’ve rounded up the Caribbean islands open to Brits for holidays this winter.
Where to find cheap Caribbean holidays
- Royal Caribbean offers Caribbean cruises from £214pp – book here.
- Princess Cruises has sailings from £379pp – book here.
- Loveholidays has all-inclusive deals from £612pp – book here.
2. The Canary Islands
Getty Images/Robert Harding World Imagery)
The Canary Islands tend to offer year-round sunshine, and in March you can enjoy daily average temperatures of around 20C.
It may not be quite hot enough to lounge on the beaches, but each island boasts plenty more to explore thanks to the varied landscapes, historic landmarks and attractions including theme parks.
Our Canary Islands guide has top tips on how to choose the right island for your holiday, but we’ve also got individual guides to some of the most popular islands including Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura.
Where to find cheap Canary Islands holidays
- TUI has packages from £260pp for March 2022 – book here.
- On the Beach has all-inclusive March 2022 packages from £283pp – book here.
- Jet2holidays has March 2022 holidays in the Canaries from £307pp – book here.
Dubai has average temperatures up to 29C in March – but it’s still much cooler than the heatwave that hits during the summer months.
In fact, the winter months tend to be some of the best times to visit if you’re after the sunshine without the overbearing heat, especially if you’re planning to explore the city’s highlights and those sandy beaches.
Check out our Dubai holidays guide with plenty of top tips on the best attractions, restaurants and general travel tips not to miss.. We’ve also picked out Dubai’s best cheap hotels including some 4* options you can enjoy on a budget.
Where to find cheap Dubai holidays
- British Airways has Dubai deals from £386pp – book here.
- TravelSupermarket found deals in March 2022 from £439pp – book here.
- Emirates has luxury holidays from £785pp – book here.
4. Cape Verde
AWL Images RM)
Cape Verde has everything you need for a beach holiday with plenty to explore.
From Sal Island to Santa Maria there are heaps of beautiful locations, and the average temperatures of 25C in March can make for ideal sightseeing conditions.
Intrepid explorers will be spoiled for choice thanks to the charming seaside towns, fascinating salt mines, breathtaking lagoons and bustling resorts.
There are heaps of postcard-worthy beaches, and for the more adventurous, you can find plenty of sports including kite-surfing.
Where to find cheap Cape Verde holidays
- LoveHolidays has Cape Verde holidays from £410pp – book here.
- First Choice has all-inclusive deals from £808pp – book here.
- Trailfinders offers some tempting Cape Verde packages – book here.
If Thailand has always been your bucket list, then March could be one of the best times to go.
For a start you won’t be battling the school holiday crowds to be found in the likes of October half term or the Christmas breaks, but you’ll still get plenty of sunshine and balmy temperatures.
There’s so much to see and do in Thailand if you’re after an itinerary packed with adventure, but if you do want to have a lazy day there are some incredible beaches too.
Where to find cheap Thailand holidays
- Mirror Holidays has a brilliant array of Thailand escorted tours – book here.
- Virgin Holidays has Thailand packages in 2022 from £681pp – book here.
- Emirates has luxury Phuket holidays from £878pp – book here.
6. The Maldives
Getty Images/Tetra images RF)
There are some amazing experiences in the Maldives from underwater restaurants to picture-perfect beaches. No wonder it’s hailed as a must-visit for the bucket list.
Although the islands aren’t famous for being budget-friendly, there are ways to find cheap Maldives holidays. You may also want to check out Tripadvisor’s handy guide to the best all-inclusive resorts in the Maldives.
In March the islands’ temperatures tend to be around 31C which are ideal for those lazy beach days, soaking up the views and only moving when you want to take a dip in the crystalline waters, enjoy a spa treatment or tuck into some delicious world cuisines.
Where to find cheap Maldives holidays
- Mirror Holidays has deals in March 2022 from £1,045pp – book here.
- Club Med has holidays at a luxury all-inclusive resort Kani from £1,070pp – book here.
- British Airways has all-inclusive luxury packages from £1,270pp – book here.
If you’re not a huge beach fan but you’re after a city break in the sunshine, Morocco delivers.
For a start there’s Marrakech which has heaps of brilliant things to visit, while the country’s world-famous Blue City is a must visit if you’re looking for a city break with a difference.
Average temperatures in March tend to be around 22C, making for ideal conditions if you’re going to be out and about exploring during the day, especially compared to the overwhelming hot temperatures during the summer months.
Where to find cheap Morocco holidays
- Loveholidays has Agadir breaks from £97pp – book here.
- easyJet Holidays has Marrakech deals from £134pp – book here.
- Thomas Cook has Marrakech city breaks from £344pp – book here.
8. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka’s temperatures in March tend to be around 25C-30C, which works well if you’re planning to do plenty of sightseeing but also want some days to relax on the breathtaking beaches.
There’s so much to see and do too whether you’re heading to the ancient citadel of Sigiriya, keeping an eye out for exotic wildlife in Udawalawe National Park, or visiting iconic temples such as the Dambulla Cave Temple and the Temple of the Tooth.
Where to find cheap Sri Lanka holidays
- TUI has Sri Lanka holidyas in March 2022 from £977pp – book here.
- Mirror Holidays has a wide variety of Sri Lanka escorted tour holidays – book here.
- Kuoni offers luxury holidays from £965pp – book here.
Vietnam is packed with vibrant cities, beautiful temples and paradise-esque islands, and March’s balmy temperatures can make for a dreamy scenario to explore them all.
It’s hot enough that you can make the most of the beaches, but not so hot that a day spent sightseeing can feel a little daunting.
With some much to visit the choice can be a little overwhelming, so we’ve put together a guide to the best things to see and do in Vietnam to give you a helping hand.
- Intrepid Travel has Vietnam tours from £699pp – book here.
- Responsible Travel has Vietnam holidays from £860pp – book here.
- Wendy Wu Tours has longer Vietnam packages from £1,210pp – book here.
Bali has average daily temperatures of around 27C in March and the weather is usually dry, so it’s the ideal time to go and explore what the Indonesian hotspot has to offer.
After all, the island offers heaps of amazing things to visit, a plethora of picture-perfect beaches for those lazy days, and of course, it’s home to some of the world’s most incredible temples.
Where to find cheap Bali holidays
Travel restrictions apply during the pandemic, always check the latest Foreign Office advice for a destination before booking or going on a trip abroad.
Sign up here to receive the Mirror’s weekly travel newsletter direct to your inbox complete with more travel updates, news and deals.