CLEARWATER, FL — Anticipating an enhanced need for air travel, St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intercontinental Airport has hired and experienced extra team for the busy Fourth of July weekend.
Here are some strategies for all those who strategy to fly this weekend:
- Contemplate acquiring a experience to PIE. The airport expects its long-time period parking and economic climate loads to fill to capacity and will be directing cars to park in an overflow lot when these are entire.
- A complimentary shuttle will be furnished in between the economic climate plenty and the terminal. The Key Lime Overall economy Good deal is the primary economy good deal and the Strawberry PIE Great deal will be accessible as needed and accepts credit rating and debit cards only when exiting. No right away parking is authorized in shorter-term parking. For parking data and maps, look at here.
- Energetic loading and unloading is permitted only at curbside in entrance of the terminal. A cost-free cell cellphone ton is accessible to await your party when they are curbside with their luggage.
- The Florida Office of Transportation Gateway Specific Undertaking is below design on the roadways surrounding the airport. Allow for journey time and check out updates below.
- Additional details, along with a terminal map, parking map and airline sites are located on the PIE website.
- Prepare to get there two hrs ahead of your scheduled flight departure time and verify departure gate. PIE has two independent gate regions, 2-6 and 7-11, that are not related, so make confident you are at your accurate gate 30 minutes in advance of the flight is completely ready to board. Look at with the airline for have-on baggage demands and sizes. For Transportation Protection Administration travel strategies, click in this article.
- Pack sensible. Start out with empty baggage. Airline travellers who pack for journey with empty baggage are less likely to convey prohibited merchandise as a result of a TSA checkpoint. Test for prohibited products by making use of the “What Can I Carry?” web site on the TSA website.
- Know prior to you go. Program to arrive at the airport in loads of time to verify in, check out luggage and complete security screening in time to stay away from stress filled sprints to the departure gate. At the TSA checkpoint, have a legitimate ID card commonly out there and follow the liquids rule of 3.4 ounces or much less, besides for hand sanitizer, which has a short-term 12-ounce limit in carry-on baggage.
- Speak to the TSA for assist if there are questions or concerns. People who are preparing to journey and might have specific circumstances, criteria or typical thoughts about airport screening can get reside aid by tweeting questions and remarks to @AskTSA or by using Facebook Messenger, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends/vacations from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. You can also simply call the TSA Get in touch with Heart at 866-289-9673.
- TSA also delivers TSA Cares, a helpline for vacationers with disabilities, health care problems and other special circumstances. You may well submit a ask for for aid by calling TSA Cares at 855-787-2227, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on weekends/vacations from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. TSA Cares is open 365 days a year. Passengers may well also use the TSA Cares sort offered on the TSA internet site.
- Enroll now in TSA PreCheck® to “Travel with Simplicity.” By enrolling in TSA PreCheck, airline passengers can avoid taking away sneakers, belts, liquids, food stuff, laptops and gentle jackets at the TSA checkpoint. Most new enrollees receive their acknowledged traveler selection inside five days, and membership lasts for five decades. Nationally in April, 94 p.c of TSA PreCheck travellers waited fewer than 5 minutes at the checkpoint. At PIE, it is 100 per cent.
- Facial area masks are optional but advisable. The Facilities for Sickness Command and Prevention suggests deal with masks for passengers ages 2 and more mature in indoor regions of public transportation and transportation hubs as an effective precaution for these who seek out to avoid publicity to COVID-19 in better-hazard public spaces. The CDC has health tips for domestic journey in the course of COVID-19 and international vacation on its website.